With its rich heritage, its landscapes, its facilities, the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region is undoubtedly made for hosting major events.
A major asset for the economic development and the international influence of our region, hosting major events is central to the regional economic development plan. Voted by the Plenary Assembly of the Regional Council in November 2016, the “Attract Congresses and Events” (ACE) program aims to support economic events that have a structuring character for the sectors of excellence.
Objectives of the ACE Program
- Support the structuring economic events already taking place on the territory, with an incentive to a strong dynamization
- Attract new economic events that create high value for the territory in strategic sectors
How does the program work?
Projects are selected, based on criteria, by a selection committee chaired by two regional elected representatives. The large events department participates as an expert in pre-CET committees (Technical Evaluation Committee) to present the funding requests under screening.
Which events are eligible?
- Congress with more than 800 overnight stays, with at least a national scale
- Business conventions with more than 4000 overnight stays and related to the sectors of excellence
- New professional trade shows related to the sectors of excellence and with a gross exhibition surface of at least 2000 sqm
Who can benefit from the ACE grants program?
Event organizers: federations, learned societies, professional event organizers, etc.
What support is proposed?
- 10 000 € up to 30 000 € of grant for events with LESS than 10 000 overnight stays or 5 000 sqm gross exhibition surface
- 50 000 € up to 100 000 € of grant for events with MORE than 10 000 overnight stays or 5 000 sqm gross exhibition surface
For further information on the “Attract Congresses and Events” program